Monday, December 26th, 2011

Yes, It is another Monday morning post. It just happens to be the day after Christmas. Please don't think I sat down and wrote this on Christmas Day. I do plan ahead and write these things in advance. I like to start my posts out with nice pictures and I would like to lead once again with the Great Egret. I have discovered the trick to getting close and was able to get a nice shot of it. I was listening to a story on NPR this week about the Christmas bird count, and how people are finding unusual species for the time of year. I don't know if this is unusual but I have never seen it around here. I sure hope it sticks around.



We are heading for the driest December on record. After next week I will tally the numbers and see where we came out. One thing that is nice, is the rate in which we can get our drainage projects completed. It always seems like these projects can linger on when it rains just for the shear fact that shoveling mud is much slower than dry soil. Last week we could have easily finished the drain line on eleven in three days if the sod on the nursery wasn't frozen. We should have this one wrapped up by Tuesday Even with all the rocks that we had anticipated, all 180 feet of this one went off without a hitch.

The weather is looking like we may be in for a turn next week but we have our eye on a few more places. After the new year we will head over to the third fairway and drain the soft spot just past the fir on the left, nearer the green. Our unofficial count on total feet of drain pipe installed this year is 500 feet. It sure feels great to be able to get this kind of work done in December. I can't think of a better way to finish up the year.

To finish this post and keeping it short, just a quick reminder why we keep the carts off the grass when there is frost. We're not sure who is responsible, it could have even happened in the evening when the late golfers were coming in. These tracks aren't permanent but they sure look bad.




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...