A Blast from the Past

Way back when I worked at the Oregon Golf Club, first for John Anderson then for Russell Vandehey, I got my first experience with Audubon International and environmental issues as they pertain to golf. John Anderson was very instrumental in my early career in helping me learn the many alternatives to traditional golf course maintenance. John certified The Oregon Golf Club as the second Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary in the State of Oregon. After John moved on, Russell continued the environmental programs and since then has won several Environmental Leaders in Golf Awards by GCSAA!
I found this old broadcast of  Oregon Public Radio's Oregon Field Guide when I was searching through Google the other day and thought it would be fun to share. Russell and I did this way back in 1999. It first aired in 2000. The rest is history!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...